Fashion is one of the most polluting industries in the world, yet many companies continue to focus on quantity over quality to reduce sales cycles.
But as consumer consciousness evolves, customers are increasingly becoming more aware of environmental issues and aspire to new and eco-friendlier consumption habits.
Koi has set itself the mission of contributing with its customers to a more sustainable world, thanks to its new collection of medical clothing made with recycled fibres: Planet Koi!
To further its commitment, Koi is teaming up with One Tree Planted, a non-profit organisation dedicated to protecting biodiversity and helping to reforest forests around the world. For every unit of Planet Koi sold, one tree will be planted.
Choosing more sustainable medical clothing does not exclude other important criteria concerning your work clothes. Koi maintains its commitment to producing comfortable and trendy medical clothing.
Here are some of the main features of this new collection:
- Comfortable and soft
- Stretchy fabric for easy movement
- Quick drying
Five great styles have been created as part of the new range, now available in five colours: black, charcoal, navy, green tea and terra pink. Koi are increasing the colour offerings in the Spring with the addition of Royal Blue. The scrubs go from XXS to 5XL, and feature three trouser lengths (petite, regular, and tall).
- The Planet Koi Longevity with its V-neck and two front pockets is ribbed on the sides and back and has side slits.
- The Planet Koi Eco Top, with a ribbed collar, has two side pockets, each with a hidden inside pocket. The gown is also ribbed on the sides and back.
- The Planet Koi Nova trousers are a very comfortable pair of slightly flared medical trousers with an adjustable elastic waistband and tie waist. They have 4 pockets (front and side) and are ribbed at the top and back.
- The Planet Koi Cherish Joggers is a comfortable medical jogger that is easily adjustable and can be tightened at the ankles. It has 4 pockets (front and side) and is ribbed at the back on the top.
- The Medical Wellbeing T-Shirt is perfect for cooler days and can be worn underneath scrubs or on its own (available in black and white).
We are all responsible for the footprint we leave on this planet, let's opt for more responsible and sustainable medical clothing.
The garments in this collection are made of 55% polyester, 38% recycled polyester and 7% elastane.
Recycled polyester is made from a non-biodegradable material. It gives a second life to plastics that would otherwise end up in landfills or oceans.
We hope you like this collection as much as we do!
Koi has a habit of releasing new colours as they come out. So, it's probably only a matter of time before we can offer you a new colourful medical outfit on our happyblouse.ie website.
Click here to see the entire Planet Koi collection.