All you have to do is figure out which body type you are and then we'll take it from there!
- 1. Curves at bust and hips with narrow waist?
- 2. Narrow Shoulders with wider hips?
- 3. Narrow/slim build all over?
- 4. Broad shoulders with slim hips?
1. HOURGLASS - Tailored lab coats such as our Missy Lab Coat will balance out your figure and provide a sleek, fitted look. Tunics with an elasticated waist are perfect. They offer definition to your figure by showing off your slim waist and then flaring out to cover your hips. Our koi Katelyn top and Ecko Nicki top present the perfect solution. For your scrub trousers try a flare leg to accentuate your shape and balance out the middle. Our Orange Catalina and koi Sara trousers both feature side slits on the hem which produce a flared look.
2. PEAR - Being smaller on top means you can easily pull off a print top. The Lady Marmalade would be perfect as it has an empire waist line as well which would highlight the narrowest part of your torso. Also our koi Justine tunic gives a very flattering shape with an elastic waistband. Also the ladies love the longer fit as it covers their hips and bottom which is perfect for minimizing the curves of the pear shape! Drawstring pants are perfect for this body shape as they can be easily adjusted and loose-fitting scrubs won't feel too tight on your thighs. These will give you a streamlined look as well with a straight leg that falls in a straight line to give you a slim silhouette. Our koi Lindsey and Orange Laguna trousers match this description exactly! Try them in a darker shade for a slimming effect.
3. STRAIGHT - Avoid simple t-shirt styles. You need features that will give the illusion of curves. Any elastication, ruching or side slits are perfect for making the most of your shape. Print detail and embroidery also draw the eye and flatter your figure. Our Orange Redondo has dart pins in the back and side slits for a fitted look. It also has some pretty contrast print on the waist and a flattering neckline. Another solution would be the Orange Hermosa top which produces a feminine look with a waistband, elastic back and side slits. The top also features some pretty print detail on the neckline and pocket. For scrub trousers you should opt for a clean, flat front on the waist. Additionally, a flare leg can add shape to your lower half and balance out your slim build. Our koi Sara trousers are absolutely perfect for those with this body shape!
4. APPLE - .Avoid tight tops. You can still achieve a fitted look by getting tunics with a waistline that skim over the stomach but fit well on the bust. V-necks are great to show off your neckline and bust drawing the eye away from your problem areas. Our koi Ali top offers a very flattering shape with its waistband and elasticated back. It also has a v-neckline with a contrast trim in coordinating colours. For scrub trousers go for a size that sits comfortably around the waist. Find a flat elastic waistband to streamline your waist. A flare leg will shape your bottom half and also lends a lengthening effect that can make the wearer appear slimmer. For this shape we'd recommend our Ecko Keira trousers and our Dickies Bootcut trousers.
We hope these tips help you all to find the perfect nursing uniforms!